Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010 Devotions

Exodus 10:2  “And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and my signs which I have done among them; that ye may know how that I am the LORD.”

We are supposed to tell our children the things which God has done in our lives, so that they can see and believe that He is God.  What an awesome responsibility!  Even a child as young as Elaine can intake the Scripture and the things of God.  What a great opportunity I have – a sponge in my own home!  I get to saturate her and shape her world view from God’s eyes.  I must ask the Lord to guide me and Ben as we raise our children for the Lord.

Matthew 20:1-20 – the parable of the workers in the vineyard.  The ones who had worked all day were upset that they were paid the same amount as those who worked but an hour.  But is not God just in all that He does?  Do I have any right to look at others around me and say, “That’s not fair.”  Or, “Why were they chosen and not me?”  Or, “Why do they get the spotlight?  I’m a better person.”  I know I struggle with this at church many times.  It used to be about piano playing, but I learned not to be jealous over that in my Hymn Playing class at ABC.  Now I am jealous for my husband, because I think he is a better person or more qualified than some other men in the church.  And yet the others seem to get recognized by the Pastor or commended from the pulpit, or lifted up as godly.  I must trust that the Lord knows what He is doing, and if others seem to get more honor or opportunity, it is because He has designed it so.  I must not complain that He is not fair and just, for He is.

No comments: