Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb. 12, 2010 Devotions

Another double day.  Busy with BSF yesterday.

Exodus 32 – the golden calf

vs. 20 – there are always consequences for sin, even if we repent, and even after God has forgiven us.

Praise the Lord for Moses who acted as an intercessor on behalf of the children of Israel, that God did not destroy them in His anger.  Who am I bringing before the Lord, pleading that He give them another opportunity to turn to Him, or to accept Him?  We see illustrated here the vitality and influence of the intercessor.

Exodus 33:13-17 “ Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.  14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.  15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.  16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.  17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.”

What a precious promise regarding the presence of the Lord!

Exodus 34:6-7 “And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,  7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.”

What a description of the Lord I serve!

No comments: