Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 23, 2010 Devotions – He Marvelled Because of Their Unbelief

Mark 6:5-6  And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.  6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

It must have been very great unbelief in order to cause Jesus to marvel at it.  I wonder…has He ever had to marvel at unbelief in my life?  He shows Himself strong, He answers prayer, He provides needs, He gives direction, He is so good to me all of the time.  How do I respond?  Is it with greater faith, and greater works?  I have the Holy Spirit in my life.  John 14 promises that I should do greater works.  But what is my response?  Unbelief?  Refusal to pray?  An attitude of self-sufficiency?  Unwilling to deflect the glory to the right Person?  Surely, considering the many things He has done in me, for me, and to prove Himself to me, He must marvel sometimes at my lack of faith and trust and dependence on Him.  In Mark 6, He was in His own country – Galilee – these people had watched Him grow up.  They knew Him.  Yet they were unbelieving.  I do not want this to be the case in my life.  I do not want to know of Him, and not know Him (experientially).  When I know of Him, it should increase my thirst and desire to know Him more…in full reality.

Mark 6:31 teaches that those who have been ministering need to take a rest sometimes and refuel.

No comments: