Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is the Lord’s hand short?

As I ponder this seemingly difficult task of moving from Virginia Beach to Brooklyn, when we have no job and no apartment lined up, and yet we have to give notice to vacate here, I am overwhelmed.  It is just…impossible (or so it seems).  How can it be done?  How do we know when  we are to go if we don’t have a job yet?  How in the world can we come up with three months rent for a security deposit when the rent is somewhere around $1500 per month?  That’s more than the down payment my parents made on their first house!  Don’t worry…I am still excited and overjoyed that we are going. It’s just that we are now down to the nitty gritty details.

It was from this overwhelmed and questioning mindset that I came to my devotions yesterday.  I started reading in Numbers 11.  This is what verse 23 says, and this is what God whispered to my heart…

“And the LORD said unto Moses,
Is the LORD'S hand waxed short?
thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.”

A resounding NO!  God’s hand is not shortened.  My God is the same powerful God of the Israelites, Who parted the Red Sea and gave manna in the wilderness.  He slew the giant for David, walked with the three Hebrew children in the fiery furnace, and protected Daniel from the lions.  He died for me on Calvary and rose from the grave three days later.  No…the Lord’s hand is not waxed short.  I can’t wait to see what He will do to bring His Word to pass in our lives.  I am reminded of the words from the song Grace, “His Will cannot lead me where His grace will not keep me.”   

“…Fear ye not,
stand still,
and see the salvation of the LORD,
which he will shew to you to day…”
(Exodus 14:13)

No comments: