Friday, March 15, 2013

Show Your Care

“Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.”
2 Corinthians 7:12

Paul had written to the Corinthians, to spur them to repentance.  It brought sorrow to them, but Paul did not apologize for making them sad.  He was rejoicing that the sorrow worked repentance and change in their life.  He sums up this section of chapter seven by saying that his purpose in writing was so that his care for the Corinthians would be evident to them.

Often we may have a burden for someone.  We may desire their salvation or their spiritual growth.  But too often, I think we may keep that burden to ourselves.  We pray for them and show our care for them before God, but we fail to express our care so that it can be seen.

I was challenged today that sometimes we need to put feet to our burden.  We need to express our burden, our desire for another’s spirituality, not just in prayer to God alone {though that is definitely the best place to start}, but also in a way that the other person can see.  Who knows, but that it may be that gentle expression, that loving touch, that tangible means of showing our inward burden that may spur the other person on to do what is right.

There are a few people that have been on my heart lately.  I have prayed for them, I have hoped that they would make the right choices and live the life God means for them, but I haven’t shown my love and care to them directly.  So at the conclusion of my devotions I wrote a little note to them.  There are many other ways to express our “care for [another] in the sight of God”.  Let’s let our care appear unto them today!

No comments: