Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Study on Joy

Recently the Lord has led me to do a topical study on joy in my quiet time. I want to document some of that journey here, as I have time to express in writing what God is teaching me.

It has been wonderful to be home from deputation and on a mostly “normal” wake-up schedule.  We implemented an “okay to get up” signal for the kids to ensure that we could get a measure of time with the Lord before the kids converge on the day.  This has been amazing to my devotions, which suffered greatly over the last couple of years while we traveled!

My study is utilizing an inductive Bible Study method which I am learning through the Busy Mama Bible Studies several times a year from Doorposts.  These have radically changed my quiet time, and allowed me to go deep even in just a few minutes while I walk through the Little Years with my kiddos.  I am enjoying using these Moleskine Cahier notebooks for each study, and my Prismacolor pencils are never far away.  (I even got Ben hooked on using them in his quiet time!)

The reason I began this study is because my pastor preached through several of the words we typically see around at Christmastime – words that the world uses, but doesn’t really understand (like love, joy, peace).  I realized that I have been struggling to have joy in my walk with God, because I have been disappointed at His choices for my path, and frustrated that His timing is not my timing.  I want to show joy and contentment to my kids and my husband, not selfishness and frustration.

To kick off my study, I created a pretty reminder to help me choose joy each day.

Phil 4 4 jpg

You can download it here, in JPG or PDF format.

3 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks so much for sharing this it is important... for the joy of the Lord is our Strenght. Amen and amen!!!
Will share on our Christian crafters FB page so others can read your post and see the digi.
Shaz in Oz.x

Pamela Duncan said...

Simply beautiful creation and reminder for us daily. Thank you so much for sharing!
Pam ~ Pam's Pearls

Ginny Maxam said...

Happy New Year! I enjoyed reading your post and I love the digi you created. Learning to walk in contentment takes time, sometimes decades. In our young years we have so many things to achieve and so many things we think we need, as we mature in years and the spirit we begin to understand The Lord takes care of us in every circumstance and that his ways are perfect. the longer you walk with Him the easier life gets, honest! Enjoy this season and know He has it all under control! Hugs, from a big sister
Ginny